1. Don’t go to the party hungry, eat before you go.
2. Avoid cakes, biscuits, pastries. Stick to low fat/sugar/salt snacks.
3. Offer to take some healthy snacks along.
4. Wander around with a glass in your hand that looks like it is an alcoholic drink but is in fact water, ice and lemon.
5. Have a glass of water between alcoholic drinks.
6. Drink Spritzas and top up with water.
7. Don’t stay near the food. That way you won’t be tempted!
8. Feel smug, you are not going to put on weight over the party season! Neither will you have a hangover in the morning!
9. Don’t stop exercising over the holiday period. If classes or the gym are closed. Go for long brisk walks with the family or try out that fitness DVD that has been gathering dust on the shelf!
10. Remember you are what you eat. If you eat more than your body needs it will be stored as fat. You can’t blame anyone else!